I’m obsessed with making ice cream right now.
I got my mom an ice cream maker last year for Mother’s Day and she’s never used it…. I might have had myself in mind when I bought this. But, before you start judging, she loves when I make her homemade ice cream.
Last summer, I only made ice cream a couple of times because it always turned out runny no matter how long I left it in the machine. This year, though, I’ve figured out that if you keep the main piece of the machine in the freezer and never take it out, the ice cream thickens up super quickly.
So, since I’ve learned that trick (last week) I’ve made ice cream several times. This chocolate ice cream/frozen yogurt tastes just like a chocolate Frosty.
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
Adapted From: All Recipes
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups milk (I suggest full-fat milk, but any will work)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. (I added the cocoa powder while the ice cream was churning, but it really doesn’t matter when you add it).
- Add ingredients to ice cream maker and follow the machines instructions.
- Freeze and enjoy!
- When I take mine out of the freezer, I like to put it in my KitchenAid and whip it up so it’s nice and creamy.