As I started to make this cake, I realized that I didn’t have two cake pans. I also realized that I didn’t know how I was going to make this cake Easter themed.
That’s when I thought, “Well, why not make cupcakes and set them on top?” It solved both of my problems!
The flower for Easter and the cupcakes to make up for my missing cake pan.
The cake is super light and fluffy, which goes great with the lemon flavor and the frosting is heavenly. It’s the perfect light cake for Easter.
Also, I have a surprise for you guys! The awesome people at Tropical Traditions are letting me do another giveaway. Except this time, you guys get to pick what you want.
Pick from the following list and leave a comment letting me know what you’d like for the next giveaway:
• All Purpose Household Cleaner – http://www.householdtraditions.com/all_purpose_non_toxic_household_cleaner.htm
• Dish Liquid – http://www.householdtraditions.com/dish_liquid.htm
• Dishwasher Detergent – http://www.householdtraditions.com/powdered_dishwasher_detergent.htm
• Glass and Surface Cleaner – http://www.householdtraditions.com/glass_surface_cleaner.htm
• Laundry Detergent – http://www.householdtraditions.com/laundry_detergent.htm
• Oxygen Bleach – http://www.householdtraditions.com/oxygen_bleach.htm
• Atchara – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/atchara.htm
• Coconut Cream Concentrate – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/coconut_cream_concentrate.htm
• Coconut Flour – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_coconut_flour.htm
• Coconut Chips, Coconut Flakes, or Shredded Coconut – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_dried_coconut.htm
• Coconut Water Vinegar – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_coconut_water_vinegar.htm
• Palm Shortening – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_palm_shortening.htm
• Raw Honey – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_raw_honey.htm
• Whole Golden Flaxseed – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_whole_flaxseed.htm
• Whole Grains (Whole Grains only, flours unavailable for review.) – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_grains.htm
• Virgin Coconut Oil Book or eBook – Includes 85 recipes! (Please indicate preference) – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/book_virgin_coconut_oil.htm
Health & Beauty:
• Antioxidant Omega 3 Greens (Please indicate preferred flavor) – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/antioxidant_omega3_natural_greens.htm
• Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil Hair Treatment – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil_for_hair_treatment.htm
• Hair Oils (Please let me know which scent.) – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_hair_oils.htm
• Herbal Breath Spray – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic-herbal-breath-spray.htm
• Skin Care Products (Please indicate which individual product & preferred scent) – http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_skin_care_products.htm
Have a Happy Easter!🙂
Easter Lemon Cake with Whipped Frosting
From: Martha Stewart
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Whipped frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Important: Butter and flour two 8-by-2-inch cake pans, tapping out excess flour. )I didn’t put enough and mine got stuck)
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- With mixer on low, beat in eggs and yolks, one at a time. Beat in 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until combined.
- Divide batter between cake pan and cupcake tins; smooth tops.
- Bake until cakes pull away from sides of pans, cake- 32 to 35 minutes, cupcakes- about 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pans 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges of pans and invert cakes onto a wire rack.
- While cakes/cupcakes are baking, bring remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Simmer 25 minutes. Stir remaining 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice into syrup.
- Using a fork, poke holes in warm cakes on rack. Brush with lemon syrup. Let cool completely.
- Prepare frosting, substituting 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice for vanilla extract.
- Top cake with cupcakes and frost.