I WON A GIVEAWAY!!!
I wouldn’t call myself an unlucky person, but I never, ever win anything, so winning this just completely made me day… week, even. I’ve been reading Cindy’s blog for a while now and I love it. Her recipes are mouthwatering and her photography skills are definitely something I’m envious of. I’m just waiting for summer to roll around so I can make her cantaloupe sorbet. Thank you, Cindy!🙂🙂
In other good news today:
I really enjoyed the sermon today at church. Sometimes I feel bad because I walk away not getting anything from it, but today I did. It’s days like today that remind me to keep believing because it’s worth it. “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” -Matthew 6:34. So true!!
After church, I had a wonderful lunch with Kellen and his family. I always do; they’re such great people and I’m lucky to be able to be around them.
Also, it’s raining, which means I’m sleeping with the windows open tonight!
All of these good things today are really helping me procrastinate studying for the tests I have this week. Oh well, take the good with the bad. Haha🙂
I’m going to be a copycat and ask a question of the day:
What’s your favorite summer treat?
If you go to church, do you ever walk away feeling like you didn’t get anything from the sermon? and
If you don’t go to church, what have you walked away from, feeling bad, that you expected more out of?
Just feelin’ a little curious today, I suppose.
In other news, check out Katie’s giveaway!
|Make flaxseed mixture.|
|Sift the dry’s.|
|Melt your banana, if you want.|
|My favorite part! Mix everything together and do some quality control.|
|Wonder why your cat was hiding in the spice rack…|
|Just stoppin’ by.|
|I made a little topping of ¼ cup applesauce, ¼ cup chopped nuts, 1/8 cup flour, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1/8 tsp baking powder)|
Healthy Banana Nut Bread
Adapted from: Ecurry
Ingredients: (yields one loaf in a 9 X 12 pan)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour + more for dusting
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup flaxseed powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 cup orange juice or milk (I used almond milk)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract (I used vanilla and it turned out really well, but next time I think I’ll use almond, just to try it)
- 1 cup sugar, or ¾ cup agave or honey
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 3-4 bananas depending on the size (I microwaved mine until they got melty, then added them)
- 1 cups chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly grease a 9 X 12 loaf pan.
2. Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Combine flaxseed powder with 1/3 cup orange juice/milk/almond milk (depending on what you are using), and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
4. In another large bowl combine oil, sugar (or honey), mashed banana, and the rest of the juice/milk/almond milk, vanilla/almond extract. Add the flaxseed powder mix to this and stir to combine.
5. Add the flour mix to this wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. This is going to be a sticky gooey mix.
6. Dust the the nuts with flour. Carefully fold them into the dough.
7. Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and bake for about an hour to hour and a half or till the toothpick comes out clean (it took 60 minutes in the convection oven).
8. Cool completely for about 15 minutes before turning the bread over. Slice only when completely cool or it will fall apart.