I love my new town!
It’s full of Victorian houses, side roads filled with gravel, a cute little downtown of “mom and pop” stores, greenery everywhere, etc. But, the best part about it is the feeling I get when I drive around the area. For me, it’s a sort of nostalgic feeling. I couldn’t describe it myself, so I looked it up and I think this is perfect: “I think it’s the feeling you get when you are overwhelmed with passion and longing for the favorite things from your youth. And the satisfaction you get when you re-live them.”
I spent my Saturday exploring and just taking it all in. Please indulge me and check these out (all via Google… none of these are mine):
To top off all this goodness, I made my moms Coconut Cream Cheese Balls. They are the best quick and easy dessert ever. I’m not exaggerating. Unless you don’t like cream cheese or coconut, you will agree with me and I guarantee that. These are heaven in a small bite-sized ball. Please try them… they won’t disappoint you!
What do you guys love about your town?
Give links to your favorite fast and easy desserts!
Coconut Cream Cheese Balls
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, room temperature
5 cups powdered sugar (*If you don’t want these super sweet, sub 1/2 cup flour for 1 cup powdered sugar)
1-2 cups shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
*1 cup pecans, optional
1. Beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth.
2. Slowly, cup by cup, beat in the powdered sugar, until it reaches a semi-doughy consistency. It will be a bit gooey, but still hold it’s shape when formed into a ball.
3. Beat in vanilla. If using pecans, fold them in now.
4. Roll each ball in the coconut.
5. Chill for about an hour before serving.